1 lb chicken breasts, boneless skinless( about 3 chicken breasts)
2 cloves garlic
1 lb green beans
1/4 of chopped red onion
1 lb white mushrooms
1 tablespoon Kerry gold butter, unsalted
2 table spoon Olive oil
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 tablespoon fresh chopped oregano
- Wash and dry the fresh produce.
- Trim and discard the ends of the green beans; transfer to a medium bowl.
- Cut off the mushroom stem ends and slice them ¼ inch thick. Transfer everything to a medium bowl.
- Trim off and discard the ends of the red onion; peel and chop the onions. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Trim off and discard the root ends of the garlic; peel and mince or press the garlic and add to the bowl with the red onion.
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat.
- While the skillet heats up, holding a knife parallel to the cutting board, cut the chicken in half horizontally to form thin fillets.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Once the skillet is heated, add ½ tablespoon of butter and 2 tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet and swirl to coat the bottom.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook until it is cooked through and golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Once done, transfer the chicken to a plate and loosely cover with foil.
- Fill a medium saucepan about halfway with hot water (from the tap); cover with a lid and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once the chicken has been transferred, add rest of the butter to the skillet, followed by the onion, garlic, and mushrooms; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms have softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Finish with chopped fresh Oregano.
- Once the water in the saucepan is boiling, season with 1 tsp salt and add in the green beans. Cook the beans until they are bright green and tender-crisp, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Once the beans are cooked, drain them in a colander and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside to drain.
- To serve, cut chicken into sugar packet slices and place the chicken and green beans on a plate and spoon sauteed mushrooms over top.